Liverpool ** fan clubs/meeting places in Canberra

Breezer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Anotherfinemess

Cheers for the reply. I note over 100 have viewed this thread but only you have replied. I will make contact with the club and find out what is required/involved in setting up a Canberra based LFC supporters club. From the LFC website I see there are 2 other Australian LFC supporters clubs but as you say non in ACT/Canberra.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Breezer

YNWA!

• 1 month later...
Guest fibfc

Hi ,

Will be in Canberra for the FA cup semi Reds v Everton , could anyone advise me as to where I can watch the game

Cheers Ian

The Game will be on at 15:00 in london so Midnight here on the Saturday night. I'm not sure if Foxtel show the FA Cup games or not but depending on where your staying I'm sure any decent Bar/Pub would have it on. If you don't feel like watching it on a busy Sat night they usually replay the games on sunday during the day. You can check TV guides for times & stations. Hope you find somewhere

Hi ,

Will be in Canberra for the FA cup semi Reds v Everton , could anyone advise me as to where I can watch the game

Cheers Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jamieawyatt

There is a Liverpool supporters Club on facebook called "Liverpool Supporters Club - Australia"...on there they have details of pubs in each state/territory which show the games. If you don't see any details, just post a question to the admin on the site asking if there are any venues in Canberra.

I'm not sure if Foxtel show the FA Cup games or not but depending on where your staying I'm sure any decent Bar/Pub would have it on. If you don't feel like watching it on a busy Sat night they usually replay the games on sunday during the day. You can check TV guides for times & stations. Hope you find somewhere

It's on Setanta, both semi's live.

Liverpool v Everton is a 9.30pm Sat night kick off here, Chelsea v Spurs 02.45am Monday morning.....just finding a bar to watch that's the problem, it might clash with NRL or Super Rugby...the Brumbies are on TV this Saturday night.

Hi guys

Great result yesterday by the mighty Pool. Wonderful way to commemorate the 96 who tragically died at Hillsborough. Heres to the 5th May when we meet Chelsea or Spurs in the final for hopefully another trophy in the bag.

I have made enquiries about setting up an Affiliated International Branch LFC Supporters club in Canberra. A guy called Keith has one in NSW so hopefully we can get one up and running in Canberra in the next 12 months or so. Will keep you all posted.

YNWA!!!

Cheers

Breezer

Hi guys

Great result yesterday by the mighty Pool. Wonderful way to commemorate the 96 who tragically died at Hillsborough. Heres to the 5th May when we meet Chelsea or Spurs in the final for hopefully another trophy in the bag.

I have made enquiries about setting up an Affiliated International Branch LFC Supporters club in Canberra. A guy called Keith has one in NSW so hopefully we can get one up and running in Canberra in the next 12 months or so. Will keep you all posted.

YNWA!!!

Cheers

Breezer

Nice one man good work. So it'll be Chelsea in the final then......hope we thrash the disrespectful shower of $^&^!!!! :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Don't think theres anything like that here man. I'm a big Liverpool fan & havent seen a game since I left Ireland in October. Having major issues trying to get foxtel installed. I don't know if there would be enough people to set something up but I'd be interested if you do

Any news on a Liverpool supporters club starting up in Canberra?

• 1 month later...
Guest TheMVPeter
Any news on a Liverpool supporters club starting up in Canberra?

Hi All, not a pom, however stumbled across this thread

I would be keen also to set something up here

Im north side and will usually attend Belconnen Labour Club with friends for the bigger matches, however they usually have a band playing during part of the first half

My other club I attend is Gungahlin Lakes Club, however they just introduced this stupid rule that you cannot wear jersey's with a name and number on the back (funnily enough plain, jersey's are ok)

Any other alternatives?

It also depends on whether Foxtel is playing the game, or if the club has the ability to press the red button to navigate to the other games at the time.

Time difference sucks when day light savings occurs but you just deal with it

Hi All, not a pom, however stumbled across this thread

I would be keen also to set something up here

Im north side and will usually attend Belconnen Labour Club with friends for the bigger matches, however they usually have a band playing during part of the first half

My other club I attend is Gungahlin Lakes Club, however they just introduced this stupid rule that you cannot wear jersey's with a name and number on the back (funnily enough plain, jersey's are ok)

Any other alternatives?

It also depends on whether Foxtel is playing the game, or if the club has the ability to press the red button to navigate to the other games at the time.

Time difference sucks when day light savings occurs but you just deal with it

Hi MVPeter

I have been here 3 weeks now. I joined the Raiders Club in Gungahlin which is close to where we now live. I was thinking about joining the Lakes club too. Next time im in the Raiders I will ask if they would show the EPL games in particular LFC.

I hope to have some news in next few weeks regarding the LFC Supporters club in ACT.

Good to hear from you.

Breezer

Guest TheMVPeter
Hi MVPeter

I have been here 3 weeks now. I joined the Raiders Club in Gungahlin which is close to where we now live. I was thinking about joining the Lakes club too. Next time im in the Raiders I will ask if they would show the EPL games in particular LFC.

I hope to have some news in next few weeks regarding the LFC Supporters club in ACT.

Good to hear from you.

Breezer

Im in Gungahlin so that would be a preference, stumbling distance home, but happy with whatever, easy enough to setup a free website etc and then depending on the interest build it up from there

Lakes have a big projector screen which they show all live sports, due to the timing it wont conflict with local NRL/AFL/A-League, it just all depends on the "RED Button" which foxtel has where you can view 4 other live games being played at the same time (usually the Sat Afternoon game). Even so, happy to meet up and watch whatever else is on.

============

Also with the upcoming friendly fixtures some of those games will be televised in the US which means places like wiziwig.eu will have weblinks to live streams to those games.

Edited by TheMVPeter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Quick update on LFC Supporters club in ACT. Still no reply from the club which is frustrating. I will email Joan again today at the LFC club.

Does anyone know what channel the Liverpool Europa Cup game will be shown on Thursday this week? I checked Foxtel but they don't have it listed. KO is 8:05 central European time so I guess thats 11:05am here.

The MV Peter - I checked with The Lakes club and the receptionist said football t-shirts are OK as long as they don't have numbers on the back. She referred to Rugby Tops with numbers and mentioned they don't want shirts that are worn during the game. Clear as mud then.

Cheers

Breezer

Guest TheMVPeter
Hi All

Quick update on LFC Supporters club in ACT. Still no reply from the club which is frustrating. I will email Joan again today at the LFC club.

Does anyone know what channel the Liverpool Europa Cup game will be shown on Thursday this week? I checked Foxtel but they don't have it listed. KO is 8:05 central European time so I guess thats 11:05am here.

The MV Peter - I checked with The Lakes club and the receptionist said football t-shirts are OK as long as they don't have numbers on the back. She referred to Rugby Tops with numbers and mentioned they don't want shirts that are worn during the game. Clear as mud then.

Cheers

Breezer

I remember reading somewhere on the liverpool site that they were reviewing the supporters club arrangements - that being said - we dont need the clubs permission to set something up that can benefit us (without the perks from the club itself)

For games that are not televised I use wiziwig.tv to watch my sports, usually its Satanta that has the coverage rights to UEFA and once the group stages start SBS purchases one game to be played on Friday mornings.. however that could be any team that they get.. so its back to wiziwig.. Wiziwig also enables you to watch trial matches and the like, if you dont have Liverpool online membership

I was thinking, there is a bar on the corner near the police station that is always advertising that they play sports in there, i havent been in, but it would offer a better experience (especially not having to sit through meat raffles/bands playing), could have a word with them.

The Lakes shirts policy is crap, I play social soccer (football) on Sundays, but i dont wear my liverpool top to that. It has a number on it, they told me i could put it inside out, but i consider that an insult :) i went home and changed.

I remember reading somewhere on the liverpool site that they were reviewing the supporters club arrangements - that being said - we dont need the clubs permission to set something up that can benefit us (without the perks from the club itself)

For games that are not televised I use wiziwig.tv to watch my sports, usually its Satanta that has the coverage rights to UEFA and once the group stages start SBS purchases one game to be played on Friday mornings.. however that could be any team that they get.. so its back to wiziwig.. Wiziwig also enables you to watch trial matches and the like, if you dont have Liverpool online membership

I was thinking, there is a bar on the corner near the police station that is always advertising that they play sports in there, i havent been in, but it would offer a better experience (especially not having to sit through meat raffles/bands playing), could have a word with them.

The Lakes shirts policy is crap, I play social soccer (football) on Sundays, but i dont wear my liverpool top to that. It has a number on it, they told me i could put it inside out, but i consider that an insult :) i went home and changed.

G'day, I am living in Woden, the hellinic club shows most sports but they do not have Setanta sports which the UEFA cup and FA cup are shown on over here, So I had to buy that station $180 a year, Things you do just to watch all the Liverpool matchs.

If there is anymore movement on starting a L'Pool supporters club keep me informed or even just to catch up and watch a game or two I would be interested.

YNWA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. I received a reply from Joan at LFC who stated that she no longre handles the supporters club. She kindly gave me a link to the OLFC who I have contacted with regards our LFC supporters club. The club is reviewing its Official Supporters clubs around the globe and currently haven't decided what to do. Basically we are on a waiting list.

Once I hear from them I will update this site. As some of us have mentioned it would be good to get a few LFC fans in ACT to get together for a match and maybe a few beers. Any ideas as to when and where?

Cheers

Breezer

YNWA

• 1 year later...

A Google search landed me at this forum. I'm a Kiwi not a Pom (but did live there for 4yrs) and have followed the Reds for nearly 30yrs. I've been in Canberra for a few years now. This post is about a year old so I'm wondering if anything happened with getting a supporters club (official or not) up and running. I'd be keen just getting fans together for a few beers to watch games.

Anyone keen?

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

As with Steve (above) i'd be interested in hearing if anything has materialised with this. I'm a huge Liverpool fan and just starting out in the via application process for ACT. One of the biggest (only?) things i'll miss about England will be the ability to get to the games, so if there were a few like minded Reds to watch them with along with a few beers, well, i'd be more than up for it.

Mark.