Short Term accommodation - Canberra

Guest Watsons

Guest Watsons

My family and I (4)are hopefully heading to Canberra in mid to late June and are looking to find reasonably priced short term accommodation. Has anyone any suggestions?

A lot of people seem to head for McMillan Gardens Furnished Accommodation Canberra

Alternatively check out Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation and select serviced apartments or try the search function for rentals at Real estate properties & homes for sale, rent and share and put in short term lets. Another place is Stayz Holiday Accommodation - 25,000+ Holiday Rentals across Australia

You will probably need a month as rentals can be hard to find although less difficult in June than at other times of the year

Thanks for the links Quoll, I'll be checking these out, our issue is going to be two fold, the restriction on location due to my daughter needing to be in school and the real issue from a rental perspective, our two dogs.

Dont worry about the school until you have got a rental - they dont like motels/holiday rentals and may ask for evidence of something more permanent like your rental agreement. No one will get their knickers ina knot if a kid isnt in school for a month or two. Your dogs will be more of a problem I'm afraid, but if you search on allhomes you will see there is a search parameter for pet friendly.

A lot of people seem to head for McMillan Gardens Furnished Accommodation Canberra

Alternatively check out Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation and select serviced apartments or try the search function for rentals at Real estate properties & homes for sale, rent and share and put in short term lets. Another place is Stayz Holiday Accommodation - 25,000+ Holiday Rentals across Australia

You will probably need a month as rentals can be hard to find although less difficult in June than at other times of the year

thanks quoll for the links :) that helps a lot.

By the way, wondering if you have any experience with Canberra Furnished Accommodation | Self Contained Apartment Accommodation in Canberra | Government, Corporate, Contract & Temporary Accommodation is our specialty | Fully Furnished & Equipped Apartments & Units in Central Canberra Locations ?

my husband and I are thinking to fly to Canberra around September/October.. date is not fixed yet..

and now looking at Budget Studio apartment at Griffith .. is this area good for couple? .. we like quiet environment .

Thanks for the links Quoll, I'll be checking these out, our issue is going to be two fold, the restriction on location due to my daughter needing to be in school and the real issue from a rental perspective, our two dogs.

Hello Again,

We actually moved here with our 2 dogs, and that will certainly add to the headache of finding a place. It will cut down your available options significantly. That said, we did manage to get offers on several places that we applied for so there are still some people willing to rent to dog owners.

In terms of short term rentals, then you will have a slim chance of finding somewhere unfortunetly, although there are some B&B's that are dog friendly if you don't mind spending a little extra. Also remember though, your dogs will be in quarantine the first month, so you won't have them with you during that period, which gives you a solid month of house hunting without them.

Mat

my husband and I are thinking to fly to Canberra around September/October.. date is not fixed yet..

and now looking at Budget Studio apartment at Griffith .. is this area good for couple? .. we like quiet environment .

Griffith is a nice area. SOme nice shops and restaurants around there.

Archived